With the aims of disseminating project results, discussing and reflecting on new
and relevant forms of managing heritage for tourism purposes, as well as new forms of
education and training that prepare higher education students for the challenges they will face
in the field, the University of Aveiro, Portugal, as one of the partners on the ERASMUS+ project “E-Cul-Tours: Managing Cultural Heritage in Tourism “, organized on 22nd of November 2019 a multiplier event with numerous stakeholders from Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Italy and other EU countries. The event took place at the Vista Alegre Museum, Ílhavo.
Key note speakers coming from partner countries were:
- Dr. Luca Driussi from EUFRAK Consulting – Coordinator of the Project E-Cul-Tours,
- Prof. Dra. Elisabeth Kastenholz – Local coordinator of E-Cul-Tours and Coordinator of Tourism Studies at Aveiro University,
- Prof. Dra. Antónia Portugal – Training Advisor at EHTCoimbra at Turismo de Portugal,
- Dra. Nancy Duxbury from the CREATOUR project
- Dra. Susana Esteves from the Municipality of Ílhavo, Responsible for Tourism
Presentations, discussions and interactive workshops on the relevance of innovative training for cultural heritage experiences in tourism, benefits and challenges of new creative cultural tourism approaches and strategies took place from 2 to 4 o’clock in the afternoon, after which the participants visited the Vista Alegre, the Museum with very relevant heritage and themes for understanding this beautiful Portugal’s region.